Saturday, February 23, 2013

Later Sk8r Girly meets Manly Layout


The new 2013 Spring/Summer Idea Book seems like it was made with  me in mind and Later Sk8r is one of the new paper packs that I fell in love with at first sight!!!   It has diamond plate patterned paper need I say more? LOL!  To top it all off, the Later Sk8r Workshop On The Go's exclusive stamp set has a diamond plate stamp on it!  Notice it's use in this layout ;)

I've had these pictures of my youngest daughter helping her dad laying in a photo box for a couple years now just waiting for the right paper/inspiration....and the minute I saw Later Sk8r I knew this was it!!   So I set out to add just a smidge of girlyness to this super cute paper, and I think that I did just that!

There are Hollyhock roses mixed with gears and just enough sparkle.  I used the Hollyhock pigment ink from the Adventure set to stamp the small circles underneath the patterned paper and then added Liquid Glass to a few of the dots for dimension!  If you look at the gears I used Liquid Glass to enhance them as well!  I could never get sick of that stuff, it's so addicting to use!



 The title was created using a mix of the Posterboard Alphabet and the Token Alphabet!  A great example of how you can get more bang for your buck by mixing sets!  The felt set is retired now dang it, I loved that set!  But at least I'm getting it used up!  Big step for me!

 

These roses are SO easy to create!  I wanted a white inside on purpose so these particular ones were stamped from the Spring Up set (retired) and then curled but you can get the same basic look (with even more flower options) with cuts from both Cricut Cartridges!  Using the new Quilling Tool makes these flowers curl in no time flat!!  My daughter was helping me curl them today!  So if a 5 year old can do it than anyone can!

I'm very happy with how this layout turned out and I hope it inspires you to look at each paper pack for it's potential!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs