Saturday, August 18, 2012


This fall inspired card was created using scraps from my stash & the card pattern out of the Make It From Your Heart how-to book on the top of page 42!  I save so many scraps from my paper packs that I really really need to get them used!  So to show everyone how you can maximize the product to the fullest I created this card!

1.  I started out cutting a sheet of Bamboo cardstock from the Pemberley paper pack at 8 1/2"x 5 1/2" then scored it at 4 1/4" to form the card base.
2.  I then cut the 4 strips of the different patterns at 4"x 1 1/4" and inked the edges ever so slightly with Desert Sand ink.
3.  I then cut a zip strip at 5 1/2" from the top of one of the Pemberley sheets to adhere across the strips of patterned paper.
4.  The stamp is paper pieced by stamping it on white cardstock in Honey and then also in Outdoor Denim.  You then cut the "Celebrate Today" oval from the Outdoor Denim image and pop it with 3-D Foam over the Honey colored image!  Waaalaa! LOL!
5.  Now I had used all of my Mixed Shapes Chipboard shapes but had kept the sheet still with the outlines of the shapes!! (You can also cut up the outlines and use them to "pop" your items off your work!)  So all I did was cut a square around the outline of the shape that sorta matches the image I stamped.  Then I used the Stipple Brush from the Texture Tools to "stipple" Outdoor Denim ink around the chipboard.  Then simply adhere it over top of your stamped image to create a recessed look and add dimension.
6.  At this time, I used the small flower from the Merry & Bright stamp set to random stamp one of the Maple leaves from the Arbor Wooden Shapes set in Desert Sand ink.
7.   Then I adhered the leaf under a bow tied from the Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon and added one of the itty bitty flowers from the Bouquet Assortment to finish it off :)



Here's the Products I Used:

Stamps:   
Casual Expressions  D1525  pg 27
Merry & Bright  C1515  pg 63

Ink:      
Honey  Z2162  pg 9
Outdoor Denim  Z2140  pg 9
Desert Sand  Z2118  pg 9

Tools:
Texture Tools  Z1298  pg 134
2x2 Acrylic Block  Y1003  pg 121
Paper Cutter  Z1783  pg 135
Micro Tip Scissors  Z534 pg 135
Cardstock/Paper:
Flirty Paper Pack  X7160  pg 50
Pemberley  Paper Pack  X7148B  pg 68
White Cardstock  1385  pg 9

Other:
Make It From Your Heart How-To Book  9035
Bouquet Assortment  Z1694  pg 128
Chocolate Striped Grosgrain Ribbon  Z1670  pg 124
Arbor Wooden Shapes  Z1765  pg 170
Mixed Shapes Chipboard Shapes  Z1683  pg 131
3-D Foam  Z1151  pg 135
To order any of these items visit my website:  www.crystalmcwhorter.myctmh.com

1 comments:

Deb Killian said...

I love your use of multiple paper packs. Beautiful!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs